With just one week to go before the release date of 2019 Series 1 Garbage Pail Kids We Hate the 90’s, today Topps released the official checklist. There have been a few changes compared to the sell sheet. The base set contains 220 cards, (110 with a/b versions). This matches the previous high of some earlier sets like the 30th anniversary set.. The subset format is of course back. In total there are 9 subsets in the base set. The base subsets are:
- 90’s Cartoons & Comics (20 cards/10 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Fads (20 cards/10 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Fashion (18 cards/9 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Films (40 cards/20 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Music & Celebrities (16 cards/8 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Politics & News (18 cards/9 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Toys (36 cards/18 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s TV (40 cards/20 w/ a/b versions)
- 90’s Video Games (12 cards/6 w/ a/b versions)
The rest of the checklist varies slightly from the sell sheet. The one per box Collector only “bonus” 90’s Wax Pack Parodies, will once again have 10 cards in the set. Blasters will once again feature Bathroom Buddies. However, unlike the last set there are 8 cards this time. The 20 card Classic 90’s insert set can be found in Hobby/Retail display boxes. The Classic set was originally advertised as 10 cards, and according to Topps will appear in Hobby/Retail Display boxes. Patch cards return to Collector boxes. The set will once again have the same 20 cards that are found in the Classic 90’s set. Finally, the Wacky Pails 20 card insert will be found in Jumbo Fat Retail packs.
Topps also has revealed the artists for the set. This time nine artists completed finals for the set; Brent Engstrom, David Gross, Joe Simko, JungHwa Im, Layron DeJarnette, Maran Kim, Neil Camera, Fred Wheaton, and Smokin Joe McWilliams. Topps also revealed the sketch artist list. A total of 56 artists completed sketches for the set. The complete checklist for 2019S1 GPK We Hate the 90’s can be found here in PDF version.