Garbage Pail Kids collectors and artists are prepping for the first ever GPK-Con, taking place next weekend at the Super Toy Con event in Las Vegas at the Orleans Arena. A few weeks ago GPKNews brought you an interview with Super Toy Con Executive Producer Andy Goodman that gave collectors a great look into what the show was about. Now that we are a week away let’s take a look at what many of the artists and vendors will have available during the show.
GPK-Con will host one of the largest gatherings of GPK artists in one place. All the artists are very approachable and will have a lot of their artwork available at their tables. Here’s what you can expect:
- Joe Simko is one of the current GPK artists and also the co-Director of the 30 Years of Garbage documentary. If you haven’t purchased the 30 Years DVD yet you will be able to pick it up at his booth along with the complete artist promo set that was created for the movie. Joe will be selling some of his final paintings used for GPK cards along with sketches, and taking commissions at the show for GPK Comic covers. He also will have some of his own products for sale like his Cereal Killers and Stupid Heroes cards, and his children’s book The Sweet Rot.
- Mark Pingitore, another current GPK artist, will have a booth stocked with t-shirts, prints, original art, and stickers. He will also have blank sketch cards on hand taking commissions available in pencil, ink, or marker.
- Fellow current GPK artist, Brent Engstrom will have some of his prints for sale at his booth. You also might be able (time permitting) to commission a sketch card at the show with Brent.
- GPK artist and co-Director of the 30 Years of Garbage documentary, Jeff Zapata, will also be selling the 30 Years DVD at his booth. For the first time ever Jeff will be selling a 5 card set of his own GPK inspired artwork at the show. He will also be selling his own GPK inspired original artwork. Jeff will also be doing free sketches for “any child just above 2 feet above the table”.
- Another current GPK artist, David Gross, will have sketch cards, original paintings and roughs, and 5-6 prints for sale at this booth. He will also have a book of unpublished roughs at his booth he will be sketch on.
- Layron DeJarnette, a GPK artist who has painted many finals over the years, will be selling exclusive SuperToyCon Posters, T-Shirts and Trading Cards. He will also have original GPK Art, Sketch Cards and Prints. You can also pick up his free artist GPK Business Trading Card.
- GPK artist Neil Camera will be selling signed prints of a Mars Attacks Comic cover as well as signed prints of a GPK Cover done by himself and Jon Gregory. Neil will also have one special promo card for sale for each day of the show that you can only buy that day. He will have sketch cards available from various Topps brands he’s worked on over the years. He will have promo cards available for Monster Series 11. Neil has painted a GPK themed die cast car that will be part of the auction at the show. He will also be taking sketch card and comic cover commissions at the show.
- GPK sketch artist Jon Gregory will be on hand selling two prints (Adam Bomb and a GPK Comic Cover). He also will be selling some of his own portrait trading cards and a limited signed and numbered Rush portrait. Jon will also be taking sketch commissions to be completed on site during the show!
- Chad Scheres another GPK sketch artist will be selling his own sketch cards along with sketch comic covers. He will also have two prints available, Eddie and Massacre, along with some risen figures and stickers for sale. Like Jon, Chad will be taking sketch commissions and completing those on site during the show!
- GPK veteren artist Tom Bunk will also have a booth at the show.
Not only can you spend your savings at all those artist’s booths, but there will also be vendors at the show selling plenty of GPK.
- Clint Coleman from GPK & Wacky Warehouse will have a booth with a large variety of items for sale; boxes, sets, and packs. Also some rarer items like; sketch cards, plates, binders, and Funko. They will have many items at discounted show rates. They will also have the the 15 card show exclusive GPK-Con artist promo set for sale at their booth.
- Laura Ross, who many collectors know from the GPK Marketplace on Facebook, will also have a booth. She’s excited to meet all the GPK collectors and will have tons of GPK on hand for sale. In addition, she will be selling cards and toys from Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Ghostbusters, Wacky Packages, Super Hero, My Little Pony, and Shop Kins.
GPK-Con Executive Producer, Andy Goodman, has also released the GPK themed schedule for the event, along with pictures of some of the promos that will be available at the show.
GPK CON Activities Schedule Outside the Orleans Arena Show
General Orleans Arena Show Hours
Friday 8/5 4:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday 8/6 10:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday 8/7 10:00am to 5:00pm
Special GPK CON event schedule
- Friday August 5th 2016 4:15pm – 5:00pm
GPK CON ARTIST SEMINAR –4:15pm to 5:00pm Gold Room inside the Orleans Area – Presented by Garbage Pail Kids Underground – the 11 advertised guest artists will host a panel to talk about their work within GPK, what brought them into the industry, and where they see themselves and the collector community going into the future. The first 100 attendees will receive a free gift in the form of an exclusive 4 card promo set illustrated by Neil Camera.
- Saturday August 6th 2016 9:00am – 10:00am
GPK CON VIP TICKET HOLDER BREAKFAST –9:00am – 10:00am VIP Lounge Concourse Level – Presented by Aaron J Booton / GPKWorld.com– join all 11 artists for a private VIP breakfast. YOU MUST BE A VIP EXPERIENCE TICKET HOLDER or ONE OF THE ATTENDING 11 ADVERTISTED ARTISTS for access to this event. Ticket holders to this event will receive a free gift in the form of a master set of all 15 special event cards.
- Saturday August 6th 2016 6:30pm to 8:30pm
DIECAST AND TOY HALL OF FAME DINER BANQUET AND CEREMONY 6:30pm to 8:30pm VIP Lounge Concourse Level YOU MUST BE A VIP EXPERIENCE TICKET HOLDER or HAVE PURCHSED AN ADMISSION TICKET PACKAGE INCLUDING DINER BANQUET TICKET for access to this event – ALL ADVERTISED AND PROMOTED ARTISTS ATTENDING THE SHOW WILL RECEIVE ONE TICKET FOR YOURSELF TO ATEND HOWEVER IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SIGNIFICANT OTHER, YOU WILL NEED TO PURHCASE A TICKET FOR THEM. Attendees will receive an event exclusive Joe Simko designed poster.
Dress Code – is casual professional – no jeans no tee-shirts
- Saturday August 6th 2016 8:00pm to 11:00pm
GPK-CON Bowling Social – 8:00pm to 11:00pm at the Orleans Hotel Bowling Lanes. Hosted by the Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace on Facebook. ANYONE can attend this event who holds any type of admission ticket into the show. Each attending individual will receive bowling shoes and 3 games for $20.00 in exact cash funds (sorry change will not be available so please come prepared) we have to collect the money in one lot and pay to play. Participating individual / family’s will find and pay Mr. Devin DiNonno between 8:00pm and 8:30pm to pay to play. You are not required to bowl to attend but for the first 100 people who do bowl you will receive Artist Cards P1-P6 as a free gift for participating in the bowling social from Mr. DiNonno when you make payment to participate.
- Sunday August 7th 2016 8:00am to 9:30am
GPK-CON Social Breakfast 8:00am to 9:30am Orleans Hotel Courtyard Café. ANYONE can attend this event who holds any type of admission ticket into the show. Organized by GEEPEEKAY.com– each attending individual / family will be responsible for their own costs for breakfast. But for the first 100 people who do shake hands and say hi to Mr. GeePeeKay / Mr. Matt Oldweiler in the Courtyard Café during breakfast you will receive Artist Cards P 7-11 as a free gift for having breakfast with us. Please note it will be impossible to have everyone together for breakfast but the café knows this is happening and will try to accommodate the best they can.